Enough is Enough!
Over the past two months, the NDP has orchestrated phony consultations in support of its plan for the Bighorn region.
They hoped we wouldn't notice that:
• This plan was cooked up behind closed doors without input from local communities;
• The plan was created outside of Alberta’s established planning process;
• Complete details of the plan were not available at public information sessions;
• The Minister of the Environment lied to media regarding her reasons for cancelling and rescheduling consultations; and
• The NDP is rushing to force approval of this plan prior to this year’s provincial election.
Guess what? We noticed.
From the beginning, Alberta’s United Conservative Party has been standing up for the folks who live, work, and enjoy nature in the Bighorn region, and demanding meaningful consultation.
If the NDP chooses to unilaterally force approval prior to this year’s election, the UCP will reverse the NDP’s Bighorn scheme, and return to using the North Saskatchewan Regional Planning process. The UCP supports conservation. The UCP also believes Albertans are in charge of decisions involving their backyard.
The Bighorn region doesn’t belong to Rachel Notley, Shannon Phillips, or the NDP. It belongs to Albertans, and Albertans deserve the opportunity to decide how we proceed with conservation efforts throughout the West Country.
If you agree:
The NDP government failed to conduct a proper consultation on their Bighorn plan, and decisions about the Bighorn region are too important to get wrong, please show your support for the UCP's position of putting Albertans in charge of their backyard and commitment to voting for the UCP in the next election to defeat the NDP.